Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR...........2011

It is hard to believe that today is the beginning of a new year.  The last one went so fast.  Last night being New Year's Eve I spent it at home, doing some sewing and watching House Hunters.  I think that is the name.  It is interesting to see all these houses and what you can buy for the money.  About 10:30 I decided it was time for me to go to bed.  The fireworks had been going off all evening but just a little bit.  By midnight it was rather loud and it was loud until 1:00 a.m.  When I woke up this morning I was still tired.

This morning I went to a funeral.  The funeral was for a dear friend and an outstanding quilter.  She was absolutely amazing.  And what made her amazing and probably more amazing then any quilter you may know, is the fact that she not only was very talented but she only had one full arm.  She was born missing her arm from the elbow down.  She belonged to my Dear Jane group.  She made her blocks and they turned out beautifull and anything she made turned out beautiful.  The Dear Jane blocks will be put together and the quilt finished for her family.  Pat Bailey will be missed.  She was one of the former owners of The Quilt Shoppe in Westlake, LA. 

And to all, I wish you the happiest of New Year's.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice memorial to your friend. She sounds as if she was amazing woman and an inspiration to others more fortunate. Looking forward to a good year, if I can just find the energy to get started, lol.

    ReplyDelete