Saturday, October 3, 2009

A SALE................

I went to a sale today. Anyone not there missed a nice sale. I bought 10 half yards of batiks and the blue in the front (really doesn't look like that) is a print. I bought the last 1 3/4 yards of it. I have more of the same. I am putting it into my Greek Key quilt and I have another quilt that I want to put it in. The camera did not do a good job of photgraphing it. It is much deeper in color. I really need a new camera. Mine is on its last legs, but I am tight (except for buying fabric) and hate to spend the money to buy a new camera since mine is still working although not very well. AND SHARIE'S NEWS.................... There is not a lot new here. We are having company from Idaho this next week. They are good friends and we always enjoy their visit. It is 77 degrees at 4:16 p.m. That is better than 97 and not long ago it was exactly that. I know fall is coming. The calendar tells me that fall is coming. Wasn't Sept. 21st the first day of fall? If it weren't for the fact that I would be wishing my life away, I would wish for winter tomorrow. Yesterday, I went to Beaumont, TX to a demo for machine embroidery. It was actually a slide show about stabilizers. It was very informative. Three of us went. We stopped at Jason's Deli for lunch. Jason's has wonderful food (sandwiches, soup, and salad). I had a Pannini. It was really scrumptous. Then we headed off to Nederland, TX. There is a quilt shop there. We arrived at 4:45, they close at 5:00. They didn't mind us keeping them a little late. They have lovely fabric. It is a small store, but they pack a lot of fabric in there. We passed through Orange, TX on the way home. We stopped for a Dairy Queen. I think it is the closest Dairy Queen to us in the Lake Charles area. From me, that has to be about 50 miles or so. I had not had one in a long time, it sure was good. I was home by dark. It was a long, fun day. Hope all is well on your end. Sharie

3 comments:

  1. Not Sharie buying more batiks! Where was the sale? They sure are pretty. The blue is going to look great in your greek key quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to love Jason's Deli. There used to be a DQ in Moss Bluff. Too bad it closed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I cannot pass up a batik. It is an addiction. Larry had thirty new short bolts at the shop. He put all of the batiks on sale. I thought you knew about it or would have sent you an email. Sorry, you missed it.

    Jason's Deli we go there often. I usually attend the Beaumont Guild meeting in the middle of the month. There is a few of us from the Louisiana guild that go. Jason's is probably our favorite place to go. I heard they had a DQ in Moss Bluff. It would be wonderful if they would reopen. I can't believe that there isn't one in Lake Charles. Maybe I should open a Dairy Queen, quilt shop combo. Wouldn't that be fun???? Although that is probably not a wise thing. We have this wonderful bakery in the shopping center where the quilt shop is. Most of the time I stay out of there, but sometimes I have to have a cookie fix. They make snickerdoodles (2) and fill them with wedding cake icing. Oh, so good............

    ReplyDelete