Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sharie's News...................

It is FALL ................. the trees tell us so...............

We don't have many signs of fall, but some of our trees, their leaves are changing colors and dropping. Most of the time the leaves just change to an ugly brown and drop, but we actually have some color. We have been having very cool nights some down into the mid-forties. It is lovely at the moment 75 degrees. We had a cool front go through. On Thursday, last, we had almost 4 inches of rain in the morning. .................Click on the pictures, you will be able to see the color .................

My pictures should look better. I have a new camera. My old one bit the dust. It had been in the repair shop once when Jim caught it in the car door and sort of messed it up. It has never been the same since we got it back from the fix-it shop but we used it for a year plus. I bought a Canon Power Shot. It is smaller than I thought it would be but it is a much better camera than my old one and cheaper too. Technology is wonderful.

For those following genealogy with me or who may have known my cousin Bonnie Lou Krumm Wyatt-Meis, she passed away yesterday at the age of 78 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I will post her genealogy as I know it, possibly tomorrow. Our sympathies go out to her family and friends. I had visited Bonnie in CR a few years ago on one of my visits to CR. She was a sweet and lovely lady and I enjoyed talking with her.

On the quilting front............I am still trying to finish up quilts that I have to finish by a cerain date. I am making progress, slow, but I hope that this week I might have them done as far as I can go until they are quilted. I created a new quilt and I am anxious to start it. I must have it done by February. I am nuts to put myself under the gun again. I think tonight I might cut some of the fabric for the quilt, but I am not going to sew a stitch until I have these other two ready to be quilted.

Hope all is well on your end..........

Sharie

No comments:

Post a Comment