Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stash Report 22 Aug 2010 and etc....................

I have retrieved my other bag of fabric from shop hop.  In the last Stash Report I mentioned that there was another bag mixed in with another shoppers bags.  This fabric is super, with a couple more solids added to it, it will make a terrific quilt.


While living in California, I went into this wee little shop and found the most beautiful fabrics, fabrics that were WOW fabrics.  Naturally I bought  three of them.  Then they sat, not wanting to cut into them.  One day the light bulb went off and thus this quilt.  The picture really doesn't do justice to the colors of the quilt, but you get the idea. 

For those of you who know, I have funky chickens in my kitchen.  My kitchen table set (chairs) I bought in 1978.  Fabric just will not last forever and my chairs were in need of being redone.  I wanted something that would go with the chickens (check out the valances) and with anything else that I might change to.  The upholstery people did a fantastic job.

STASH REPORT.................
fabric from the shop hop (mentioned above)
7 yards in
-6 yards out
Year to date:
In  125 1/8 yards
Out  -68 1/4 yards
Net 56 7/8 yards

I pulled fabric for a pieced back. 
Thankfully, I don't think there are any more shop hops this year.  The Houston Show is coming up Nov 4th (I believe) and I understand that there is a bus going and staying over night.  Same people (plus) from the shop hop.  It will require self control and then some. 


Click on the pictures for a better view..........
Hope all is well on your end.............

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great time with shop hop. I sure hope to participate next year. I am heading for Houston too. My sisters and cousins all will share a room and will be bad. Six of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on track to bust 100 yards this year! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your new fabric you got. Keep up the great job on busting fabric

    ReplyDelete