Monday, July 9, 2012

Awesome and not so Awesome

I have posted all the pictures from Alaska.  I just want to say Alaska is awesome but there are things that are not awesome.  I enjoyed my trip immensely.  Alaska has absolutely gorgeous scenery, I loved the food, and I loved seeing the wild animals.  What is not so awesome is a lot of trash lying around.  The towns were getting ready for "tourists."  They call all the fishing people that come there "tourists."  Kenai is known for the fishing - salmon.  They were cleaning the towns up spic and span.  They looked very nice, but if you get out of the towns, people just have a lot of trash.  Very unattractive.  I know you have to duck a wandering bear and grass munching moose now and then, but a big dog is a good alarm system.  I saw some yards that really looked super.  I would guess they have a system.  This ends my saga on Alaska.  I don't know if I will ever get back but I have been looking at a quilting cruise.  Sounds like so much fun for next year.  We will see.  To read about my trip and to see pictures check out the previous postings. 

March
I have been working on blocks for my bee.  I am finished.  This is the last of them.  We made one block for each month for 19 months. 

April
February
July









                                                                                                                                                                                                I have to show you my kitty-kats.  As most of you know I had back surgery, this is my brace with JAC.  JAC likes to get into any box and I guess the brace qualifies.......

Smokey, is very much like a dog.  He follows me around.  He likes to get up on the back of this chair when I am sitting in it (my office).  Then he plays with my hair. 

Hope all is well on your end.
JAC (Just a Cat)


Smokey


No comments:

Post a Comment