Monday, July 2, 2012

At The Cabin..........

At the cabin.........what a view..........

At the Cabin

At the Cabin
We stayed in a cabin on a lake.  The cabin was nice for the time of year that we were there.  Beth and Jim stayed in it during the winter.   They had problems trying to keep the cabin warm.  The cabin was roomy with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen/dining area, and a large living room.  Across the back of the house it was almost all glass.  There was also a game room, garage, and a mud room.  The view here changed from the time that we arrived until we left.  When we arrived none of the birch trees had leafed out, but by time we left they had.  Early in the morning the lake would be still, there wasn't a ripple on it.  The reflection in the water was gorgeous. 

Beaver
We were visited by a beaver.  He was building a house within about 10 feet of the back porch.  He would swim around, find a stick (sometimes big sticks) bring them back, hop up on the pier, cut them up and add to his house. 


Duck at the Cabin
 We had many ducks on the lake.  I was amazed at how beautiful they were.  They were black and white.  Ducks I had never seen before.





Sarah's Quilt









I have been working on quilts for my grandchildren, they live in Washington State.  Now there is another lovely place to visit.  They live on Whidbey Island.  This is the first one I finished and I quilted it myself on "George" (George is an APQS sit down long arm).   It will not win any awards, but it was actually easier to do then what I thought it would be.  I need practice.  The stitches are a long way from being the same size.

My Alaska story will be continued for another week or two.  If you would like to see what has already been written check the previous posts.  To make the pictures larger, click on them.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! lol You finally used George. Sarah's quilt is pretty and love looking at your Alaska pictures.

    ReplyDelete