Monday, April 2, 2012

It is Raining, I am Sewing...........

We had a big thunderstorm go through this morning.  It really blew, and it is still raining.  I just heard thunder.  The weatherman says it is going to go on all afternoon, on and off.  It is a good day to sew.  I debated whether I wanted to eat (like go to the grocery store).  I will go tomorrow.  My cupboard is not totally bare as yet. 

Here is the quilt that I am working on.  I showed a picture in my last blog.  It is slow progress, but I think it is going to be a great quilt.  Judy Niemeyer's quilts (patterns) are always outstanding.  They are not always the easiest patterns to follow for the most part, I do not follow the directions.  The first one (of which I have not finished) was the Bali Wedding Star (pictures are in my blog somewhere).  I have another of her patterns (The Cactus Rose) and have had it for years (like before Hurricane Rita).  I bought it in Galveston, TX.  Quilts by the Bay was not far off the beach.  When I went into the shop they had the Cactus Rose hanging, it was gorgeous.  I bought the pattern, but as I have said before, I put it in the drawer, and have said many times I should make this quilt, well, may be soon.  Quilts by the Bay was one of the shops and many homes that did not make it through Hurricane Rita.  You can find them on line and many times they are at the Houston International Quilt Show.  Check them out on line to see if they are coming to a show near you. 

My kitty tower is in my office.  My kitties like to be near me.  They are pests.  Here Smokey (on top) is harrassing JAC (the cat).  Smokey is full of vim and vigor. 

I went to the "bag sale" at QB on Saturday.  For those of you who don't know what a "bag sale" is....starting Jan. 1 until Mar 1, QB (Quilts Bayou) sold tote bags for a fee and they are to be used on the 5th Saturday of the months that have 5 Saturdays in them.  March 31st was a 5th Saturday month.  Everything in the shop as long as you can get it into the bag is 25% off excluding thread and BOM.  I bought several batik fabrics, sewing machine needles and batting.  I wanted to make the space in my bag count.  The next "bag sale" is in June.  I will probably buy more of the same.  One thing I did buy was a ruler with big numbers.  It is wonderful. 

I need to go wash clothes and get to sewing or I will never get that quilt finished.

Do check into Perri's blog.  She is working on the Market Basket quilt again.  It is going to be super.  Her blog address and also Beth's quilt (she made it too) can be found in my right column.  I plan on finishing my Market Basket quilt soon.  All depends on the Judy Niemeyer above.   My plans are to enter it in the AQS show in Des Moines this year (it has to be accepted first).   That will depend on the date that the picture has to be into AQS.  The quilt has to be completely finished for the picture.  I am sure that I will be pushing this one. 

Hope all is well on your end.........

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful. Did you pick out your own fabrics? (Silly question probably :)
    You make me want to go dig out my paper piecing projects, need to finish other things first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie,
    Yes, I picked them out, have changed them several times and am still adding to them. Bring your project, we can sew together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, Sharie, this is going to be a wonderful quilt! I hope you get it fini shed in time for AQS.

    ReplyDelete