Wednesday, February 2, 2011

FLY ME TO THE MOON.................

Well not exactly but how about Paducah.  I have my ticket, I am going.  I am going with several other quilters.  Rooms are lined up, the car is lined up and all I have to do is pack. 

I have heard from my sister who lives in the north country.  She is up to her tush in snow.  Actually I think it is higher than that.  She said that they had 5 ft drifts.  And for us in the south, it is colddddd, very cold.  We might even get snow.  They are predicting between 1/2 and 1 inch of snow.  It won't last long.  It will melt off pretty fast.  If there is snow on the ground, even if it is 1/2 inch in the morning, they will close school and they will close the bridges.  Closing the bridges is probably a good idea.  Even people in the north who are use to driving in the snow would have a problem with our bridges.  And we will have snowmen on the news.  They do enjoy the snow, I guess because it can be years and years before they have it again.  Me, I am staying inside where it is toasty.  I have made lots and lots of snowmen, so I will leave that to those that have not had much experience at that and I will enjoy looking at their snowmen and smile and remember when I made snowmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment