Saturday, February 12, 2011

CAT SCRATCH FEVER

Sweet Smokey
I have had kitty cats forever and ever and have never gotten "cat scratch fever."  Smokey, my terror of a cat, bit me, hard, on Thursday.  Smokey is a "rescue" cat.  Apparently he had been mistreated and I think played very rough with (he acts like it).  I have had Smokey and JAC roughly 2 years.  They have not been outside since I got them.  On Thursday I went to let Yethi out the door and to my amazement JAC was outside.  I could not believe my eyes.  I opened the door and JAC headed for the door, but Smokey saw JAC outside and he wanted to be out with her.  So he heads for the open door.  I stooped down and grabbed him (probably pulled his hair) and he turned around and bit me. 

I poured hydrogen peroxide on it several times on Thursday and again on Friday.  I noticed it was a little red and a little swollen but thought it was probably normal.  I kept pouring hydrogen peroxide on it.  About sevenish p.m. I noticed that my hand was really swelling and quite red.  I thought I should check my arm.  I had on a sweatshirt.  I pulled up the sleeve and here is very large red blotches all the way to my elbow. 

It is dark outside.  I don't drive after dark (I can't see).  I called one of my nursee friends.  She doesn't live too far.  She came and got me and we went to the local Clinic.  I got a tetanus shot and a prescription for antibiotics.

The cat bite has to be reported to the animal control.  At the Clinic they told me they might take the cat for a couple of days.  I hope not.  The kitty cat is fine, he is not sick.  I startled him and he reacted.   I don't think he would like being locked up in a place like that.  I have his records, so hopefully Animal Control will see that he is not sick and leave him alone. 

Hope all is well on your end.....................

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharie. That is spooky. I hope you and Smokey will be fine. I am making progress on picking out fabric for our House Quilt. Have 5 boxes of batik and a table set up in my room to start pulling from. T he floor in my sewing room is getting replaced this week and I am not looking forward to it. Keep us posted on your Cat Fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you keep having hand accidents, hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete