Saturday, December 11, 2010

DARWIN EUGENE KANE

Darwin, passed away on Thursday December 9, 2010.

Darwin Kane
24 May 1933 - 9 Dec 2010

Darwin was my brother.  A fantastic brother.  He was the kind of brother that sisters would want.  He moved to California while I was living there and he stayed 18 years.  When he retired, his wife Marie was still working.  I would call him up and I would say " I want to go, anywhere shopping" and he would say." I'll pick you up in a liitle while."  We had a favorite little restaurant in Leucadia.  They served the most wonderful Caesar salad.  He loved it. 

Darwin had a very interesting life.  He was in the Air Force for 21 years.  He spent 7 years in Germany.  There he met and married a wonderful lady.  He was so lucky to have found her.  He has two children, both the apple of his eye, grandchildren and great grandchildren. 

Darwin and Marie returned to Iowa about 10 years ago.  At the time my father, approaching the age of 89 was not doing very well.   My sister, had the responsibiltiy of taking care of my parents.  Darwin really felt he needed to help her.  So they moved back to where he was born.  My sister then became his and his wife's "run around buddy." 

He will truly be missed.  He is in heaven with Jim, and thankfully for heaven they are both Republicans. 



3 comments:

  1. Aunt Sharie, Uncle D will be so missed. Love to just sit and listen to his views of the world we live it. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharie so sorry for your loss, brothers are pretty special. Glad you have happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you have lost your brother. I never had one but I would think that it would have been wonderful. It is good that you have great memories.

    ReplyDelete