Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year everyone................. Where did 2009 go??? This year just zipped by. Today, seven of my quilting friends and myself are getting together to start a new project. It is Judy Neimeyer's, Bali Wedding Star. This is a gorgeous quilt. Last night Jim and I went to bed about 11:00. We rarely make it to the magical hour of midnight. Fireworks in Louisiana are legal. All evening we heard fireworks going off. I was sleeping nicely at midnight when I was awakened by the continuous popping (and may I say loud) of fireworks. I got up and peeked out the window and could see the reflection of the colored lights on the door of our shed. I should have went outside and looked but it was probably about 45 degrees, so decided against that. Yethi jumped up into bed. Before going to bed I had to put her outside for her to do her "thing." She did not like that idea at all and did not venture far from the door. It looks like it will be a nice day. At least the sun is shining. It is still cool, 48 degrees at 9 AM. I just looked in the newspaper, and Lake Charles had 73.53 inches of rain this year. It sounds like we should be floating. If southern California would have had anywhere near this amount of rain it would be gone by now, sliding into the ocean. Louisiana is tropical; when it rains it pours, an inch or two an hour. It doesn't take long to add up to a lot of rain. And, all of you in the north, can you imagine how much snow that is. Hope you all have a wonderful day and that you have a great New Year. Sharie

No comments:

Post a Comment