Thursday, August 20, 2009

SHARIE'S NEWS

Yesterday, one of my quilting friends and I went to see Julie and Julia. It was a great movie. Meryl Streep was wonderful as Julia. Go see it, you will love it. Not much new here. The weather is still hot. We have had thunderstorms rolling through off and on for a few days. Fall is just around the corner and I am so looking forward to it. Not much new on the quilting front. I have been trying to get some machine embroidery done. I was at Target a couple of days ago and bought a sponge rug to put under my machine. Sometimes when I embroidery the machine runs so fast it vibrates terribly. The rug has made a big difference. The hairy beast (Yethi) - I am trying to get her combed out so she can get a groom. What a job. I am getting it done slow but sure. It would be easier if Yethi would cooperate. We have to do it small increments. When she has had enough, she gets up and moves. Since she weighs 100 pounds there is not a lot I can do about it. I was going to Beaumont today with three other women. It is guild day. Karen Stone is the guest and will do a program. At the moment, I don't think I can go. I am having a bigggg problem with my ear. It is very noisy and I can't hear out of it. It also makes me off balance. I have a feeling I will be going to the dr. instead of to the guild meeting. I have waited all year to see this program and I hate to miss it, but I guess my ear is more important at the moment. Have a good day. Sharie

No comments:

Post a Comment