Thursday, May 23, 2013

More About Nebraska Trip and Etc.............

One of the highlights of our trip was our visit to Fabric Essentials in Concordia, KS.  The shop was on the Shop Hop.  The girls were a joy to talk with and we had ever so much fun going through and looking at the 6000 plus bolts of fabric that they have. 


Willey and Billy at Fabric Essentials, Concordia, KS

 
We decided to eat in Concordia.  There was a mom & pop restaurant across the street.  The food was very good.   On the way over to the restaurant we passed (across the street) this building.  I don't know what it was built for originally or what is in it today , but it was very interesting.  It looked like it had been there a very long time. 
Building - Concordia, KS
 
I have been busy quilting everyday.  It is hot outside, so thus the best thing to do is to stay in where it is cool and quilt.   This is the first block of my Alaska - Nebraska quilt.  In one of my postings  I think I mentioned that I was going to make this quilt.  The idea was to combine the batiks that I bought last year when I was in Alaska with the batiks that I bought this year on my trip to and from Nebraska.   If you look close, The fabric on the outside is bears and bear paws.   Next week, I hope to have several squares finished.  Hopefully it will be an interesting quilt when it is done.  The pattern is a Judy Neimeyer.  I have added a "border" to the block.  When I received the pattern I realized it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and it would "chop up" my Alaska animal fabric.  So thus I am adding a border to each outside block so that you can see the animals and etc. 
I took this picture in my backyard.  We have many Cardinals and Blue Jays.  These are Cardinals.  I would assume mama and papa.  There were several in the bushes and trees.  My office has little trees (really bushes that look like trees) in front and to the side of it.  It is a lovely view.  I have the pleasure of bird watching.  I get lots of birds and most I don't know what they are.  I assume some migrate in from other places.   You may want to click on this to make it larger. 

Hope all is well with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment