Monday, February 4, 2013

Brunch Pizza and Nine Patch..............

Brunch Pizza

Two/three weeks ago, I found a recipe for Brunch Pizza.  Well, there is their way and then there is my way.  My way is faster and easier.  I am sure their way is really delicious, but my way is not too bad. 
Here is what I did...........

Mama Mary's Pizza Crust (4 oz)  
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (White Truffle)
1/2 pkg of seasoning blend
1/2 large baking potato, peeled and sliced      very thin - pat dry
1 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt (fine)
2 large eggs beaten
1 tsp basil
1 cup Mexican 4 Cheese
Bacon - enough to cover top
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Wipe the pizza crust with olive oil on both sides.  Place in baking dish.


Brunch Pizza

To prepare the topping for the pizza heat the olive oil in a skillet.  Toss the seasoning blend with 1/2 tsp of the salt in the skillet.  Cook over low heat until the seasoning blend is tender. 

Toss the potatoes with 1/2 tsp of the salt and add the potatoes to the skillet, continue cooking on low heat until the potatoes are tender. 

Mix the beaten eggs and the basil with the blend-potato mixture and season with black pepper.  Cook on low heat until eggs are barely done. 

Spread the egg mixture over the surface of the pizza crust, then top with grated cheese.  Lay the bacon slices over the top with each slice touching, covering the entire pizza.

Bake at 450 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Note:  Seasoning Blend - a combination of diced onions, green peppers, red peppers, celery and parsley)

Enjoy!!!!

Nine Patch

My last posting, I had just begun working on a nine-patch quilt.  I am a little further along but still have a ways to go to finish.  What you see here is two quilts.  One is for the bed (topper) and the other is going to be a wall quilt.  They look alike, almost.  One is positive and one is negative, although there is positive and negative in each quilt.   Confused????  I am using a technique where you make 2 blocks at once, one a positive and one a negative.  I use one in one quilt and the other in the other quilt.  The extra blocks at the bottom is for a row.  The white spots are letters on labels.  I am identifing sections of the quilt.  Come back, by next week, hopefully I will have this well on the way to being finished. 

And Etc...........

We have a very cloudy day.  It sprinkled about an hour ago.  It does look like rain.  The temps are good, it is 66 at the moment. 

Judy Niemeyer has a new quilt pattern out.  It is a Mariner's Compass.  I think I just did a Mariner's Compass. :-)   This one is different and gorgeous.  It is primarily a paper-piece pattern.  The question is do I really want to spend nearly $100 for a pattern?  I need to give this some thought.  It is also a project that will take me a long time to do.  I really have a lot of projects and a lot of fabric that I would like to use up and or finish.  Maybe this one will go on the back burner and I will think about it next year.  I think I have made a smart decision. 

Hope all is well with you..................

No comments:

Post a Comment