Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Design Wall and Spring

I have been lazy again about blogging.  Where does the time go????

When I open the window in back of my sewing machine this is what I see.  The azalea's are in full bloom.  No matter where you go you see lots of color.  They don't last long but while they are blooming they really are beautiful.  We have had so many grey days this winter and a lot of rain, we needed it (drought)), but we didn't need all the grey days. 

This is what I have on my design wall.  This is a quilt designed by Judy Niemeyer.  I have wanted to make this quilt for years.  I first saw it at Market in Houston probably roughly 4/5 years ago.  The pattern at the time was not available and it was over a year before it was.  I never forgot the quilt, and I bought it as soon as I found that it was available.  It is really a terrific quilt with lots of movement and I love the border.  Typical of me, I brought it home and have looked at it many times saying I should make this quilt and put it back in the drawer.  Five days ago, I started making it.  It is time and I do have the stash (don't have to buy anything to make it except batting) I figure roughly 60 days to get it together.  You say, 60 days, I am slow, slow, slow.  I do a lot of thinking.  See all those strips, I move them around every day.  They are for the border.  Just as I cannot take scraps out of a paper bag and be happy putting them side by side, I cannot be happy doing the same thing with my strips.

It is starting to warm up in the deep south.  I have turned on my air conditioner.  It is humid.  I hope it is not a sign of more to come soon.  This is suppose to be winter, you know cold.

Hope all is well on your end.

No comments:

Post a Comment