Monday, October 3, 2011

My Design Wall and Etc...........

The group that I quilt with decided to make this tote bag to carry to the Houston Show in November.  They are all different in choice of fabric and all wonderful.  It goes together rather quickly.  The pattern is from a "McCall's Quilting" 2009 magazine.  It is made from a charm pak.  The pattern calls for this size but we cut the squares to 4 1/2 inches unfinished.  The fabric I used was from the Aviary line by Moda.  The button is from my button box.  I have been collecting buttons for roughly 40 years or more.  I made the straps a bit wider than the pattern called for and I think I would narrow them by about 1/2 inch, they would still be larger in width than the pattern calls for.  I also made them a couple of inches longer.  It depends on if you want to wear it over a shoulder.  I also added a strap holder (for the top of the shoulder).  I hate two strap anything.  Usually one strap is on the shoulder and the other is drooping.  The strap holder keeps them together. 


Beaumont, TX 2010
I entered a quilt in the Des Moines, Iowa AQS show.  It was accepted and hung at this past weekends show.  I did not win a ribbon but I was excited that it had been chosen for the show.  They had 270 quilts from 41 states and 7 countries. 

The picture was taken at the Beaumont show in 2010 where it did win ribbons. 

The weather is super.  Don't move here.  I like it here because we are not over populated.  Of course if you are a quilter, I will make an exception and you can move here.  You can be my neighbor.  There is a lovely house for sale next door.  Fall is the best time of the year.  The leaves are turning and the night time temps are in the low 50's.  I stepped outside yesterday and wondered why I was inside.  It was about as perfect as perfect can get. 

Hope all is well on your end.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on your quilt being juried into the Des Moines show -- it's a beautiful one, for sure! I love buttons, too! Have a GREAT week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm trying to comment for the 3rd time hope this works. (Love your purse and like the way you quilted it. Can't wait to see ya'll at the quilt retreat.)

    ReplyDelete