Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mariner's Compass - On the Design Wall - Nov 1-19


October12
 I have been working many hours on my Mariner's Compass.  Beth has finished her top.  She is off to the Houston Quilt Festival.  I hope that by time she returns I will have mine finished, but I still have many hours to go.  I am going to post a picture each morning until I finish  the top.  Come back to see it come together. 

October 25












 


October 31



November 2
November 3
November 5

November 9

November 11












November 14
November 19
Am I ever going to finish this quilt??? This is not the best quilt I have ever made.  I am a bit disappointed in it.  I should have followed my gut instincts and changed the sizes of the center border fabric.  It would have saved me a lot of grief and it would have given me a nicer looking quilt.  But, when I make the next one I will make my corrections and hopefully it will be to my satisfaction.  I would say that I should finish this (the top) in the next couple of days, but so far my predictions have not been too good. 

1 comment: