Monday, November 28, 2011

Design Wall and Etc.

It is cool in the deep south.  It is 11:00 a.m. and it is 48 degrees.  The next few days it is going to be cool and the nights are darn right cold.  I am tough though.......I am from the state of Iowa where it really gets cold.  That is one reason I don't live there anymore.  Love to visit, but ice and snow and bitter cold just is not for me.  I visit in the summer if I have a choice and actually the best time is fall.  It is beautiful with the color changes and the weather is perfect.

Now to quilting............I have several pictures to show you.  The last time I posted I was putting borders on a quilt and I had not quite decided what I was going to do.  This is my "figgy" quilt.  Those of you who follow my blog have read the story behind the "figgy" quilt.  I finally decided to add the borders that you see here.  This picture is one quarter of the quilt.  I will post one after the quilt is quilted and I can hang it somewhere.  I need help since I am short and cannot get up on ladders. 


I went to a class in Jasper, TX on Saturday.  She was teaching a quilt as you go (top quilt).  It is an easy quilt.  We had a great time.  It rained most of the day which actually was good.  East Texas and West Louisiana is in dire need of rain. 

The quilt below it, is one that I have been working on but have not had the time to finish it up.  I have lots of irons in the fire and certain quilts I must finish ahead of this one.  Below that is my house quilt, someday I will finish it.  January is coming.  Next year I am going to do a lot of unfinished quilts. 

As, you may know, I have bought a George.  It is not here yet.  I assume that it might be here by the end of the week.  I am not ready for it as yet so that is okay.  Last week, a quilting friend and I went to the Barewood Store in Lake Charles.  I found this table (54x54).  It has 36 inch legs.  It was a floor sample that they were selling so it was at a reduced cost.  I want it to sandwich quilts on.  It is going to stay in my garage.  I have a guy who is going to put polyurethane on it and wheels that lock. 

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Beth asked me to come to her house if I had not made plans.  She only had an elderly aunt and uncle, her husband and me.  Beth owned restaurants in the past and she is a super cook.  She could feed me everyday except I would weigh 500 pounds.  After dinner her husband, aunt and uncle retired for their naps.  Beth and I moved to her sewing room where we chatted and sewed.  What a wonderful way to spend a holiday. 

Hope all is well on your end..................

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday...someone to cook for you and to sew with...who could ask for anything more?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "figgy" quilt Sharie, the borders look great. So glad Ms. Beth invited you over I know it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete